- University of Oklahoma Resilience Development Institute First Session Only 3 Months Away–Join Us!
- Getting a Head Start on 2015–The Future of the Tropics and the Future of Resilience–A Few Observations
- From Arkansas to Australia–And that’s just the A’s! An Amazing 2014….
- Same Theme, Different Context–and a Reminder How Far Back I Really Go in Disaster Recovery
- Back to My Roots: Towns, Farms/Agribusinesses–the Folks Who Feed Us–Must be Included in Resilience
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The University of Oklahoma Resilience Development Institute is a little more than 3 months away. I am honored to serve as Chairman of its Advisory Board, serving alongside national and global leaders in disaster resilience and recovery. Come join us … Continue reading
Getting a Head Start on 2015–The Future of the Tropics and the Future of Resilience–A Few Observations
As I was inspired by the response to yesterday’s post (if you haven’t, please take a look), and as I have set a goal for 2015 to post at least four blogs a month, thought I’d get a head start … Continue reading
My blog posts to date have been, by and large, about others. As this year comes to a close, I am going to be a bit selfish and talk about the journey I’ve had over the past year, weaving in … Continue reading
Funny, life sometimes takes us full circle, even without our realization–until something puts us in a “deja-vu” moment. Then we realize we’ve been there before, and though under different circumstances, we know there is a reason why we are in … Continue reading
I am the son of a farmer. Although I did not grow up on a farm, my dad had three, and owned a commercial hatchery–a factory that produced living things–baby chicks–literally by the millions, which is incredible for me to … Continue reading
Growing up in the southern U.S., I have encountered my share of extreme weather events. But never an earthquake. Last year, in a town less than 25 miles from my childhood home, a series of earthquakes damaged homes and businesses, … Continue reading